Do you have water damage in your home or business? You’ve landed at the right page we can have one of our certified specialist out to your property in the most prompt time we possibly can. Restoring your home back to a healthy comfortable environment is our top priority!
Our expert team walks with you every step of the water mitigation process until your property is better than its pre-disaster condition. Best of all, we work directly off the insurance scope, Xactimate and then work directly with your insurance company to protect you from the costs of extraction and repairs.
Generally, the water damage restoration process follows the following steps:
- Step 1: You or a professional identify the source of the water intrusion and stop it. Sometimes the source of the water damage is obvious and sometimes it is hard to find. Regardless, the first step is to identify the source of the water damage, make repairs to stop that source from making the situation worse.
- Step 2: Determine the scope of the water damage and contain affected areas.This critical step both ensures that all water damage is properly mitigated, which protects you from future mold and other residual problems, and prevents the water damage from spreading to other areas of your property during the mitigation. Water has a unique ability to spread and find its way into and through most surfaces, walls, floors, and other obstructions. Many times it is not apparent to the naked eye or even touch where water damage has occurred. This is why we use moisture meters to identify all the affected areas. Proper containment keeps the damage localized and protects you from residual problems in the future.
- Step 3: Demolition and removal of all materials. Depending on the amount of water damage caused, some materials such as flooring, subfloor, and drywall may need to be demolished and removed from the affected area in order to salvage the framing and substructure and to prevent bacterial infection and mold. This step is not always necessary, but if there is a large volume of water, raw sewage, black or dirty water then it becomes a necessity to remove the contaminated material. Furthermore, in any demolition situation, our crew will carefully separate and store your personal property. Some may be salvageable and some may not. Our expert team will be able to help you understand what is destroyed and what can be saved. The items that can be saved or remained unaffected will be carefully stored outside the affected area. Destroyed items will be disposed of.
- Step 4: Water extraction, drying, and decontamination. At this point, the affected area is ready for water extraction and drying. Our certified team will extract any standing water, begin the drying process of the affected area, and treat the affected area to prevent bacteria and mold. Though times can vary, this process normally takes three or five days.
- Step 5: Rebuilding. Once your property is dry and contaminant free, you will work with your assigned project manager to make your home right again. Your project manager works with you closely to provide options to rebuild the destroyed parts of the affected area. Once you have worked out what you want with your project manager, he or she will oversee that your affected area is rebuilt to your specification and satisfaction. At Excellent Carpet Cleaning, our job is not finished until you are completely satisfied. You’ll inspect the work and sign a certificate of completion to activate the workmanship warranty. “It’s not just your house – it’s your home!”
At Excellent Carpet Cleaning it is our goal is to quickly repair and restore your home with the least amount of inconvenience to you. Disruption is unsettling, and you likely have many questions about what to expect in the days ahead. Please feel free to contact us any time if you have additional questions. We are committed to your comfort and satisfaction every step of the way.